Friday, January 19, 2007

Good Response to Contest

Thank you to all who have entered the contest. There have been over 30 names suggested, and only one name has been suggested repeatedly - hmmm, it will be interesting to see if that's the one Jim and his staff choose. By the way, you'll notice I changed the Paton's Divine yarn from one skein to two - yep, found another one!

The multi-directional scarf done in Katia Mexico, is now finally complete as of about an hour ago. It is shown here while still in progress . It turned out really nice if I do say so myself. This yarn was originally bought to become a bag, but as you knitters out there know, sometimes our yarn knows more about what it wants to be than we do. It's not colors I could wear, but for someone who can wear greens, like my youngest who is a red-head, it will look gorgeous on them. I've gotten very little knitting done this week, though last night I did finally finish the seaman's cap I'm making for one of my grandsons. I had to tink two full rows on it as I'd not only miscounted stitches and my decreases were off, but I'd also forgotten to do a plain knit row between the two decrease rows. Then while walking down the dairy aisle of the grocery store it suddenly came to me that I'd done it wrong.

Oh, and I re-started and finished one square and started a second square for my friend Jeanne who is doing blankets for :
Warm Up America
, so I guess I got more done than I realized. Now back to the Bella Cardigan sleeves . . . I will finish this ufo!

Thursday hubby decided he wanted to use some cabinets that I had in my yarn/computer room, and in exchange he offered me the last set of stainless steel wire shelves he had in his shop. Whoo hoo! That meant way more storage for me - I now have 3 sets, with 6 shelves each. One of my friends recently described coming into my little getaway as "like going to the yarn store". Well, except most of my yarn is stored in those plastic storage bins, so it's kind of hard to get the tactile experience of a yarn store. Our area is so dusty, and the soil is mostly peat dirt which gives off a dust so fine it can penetrate most anything, so it's really hard to keep things clean. Of course there are the numerous project bags with yarn in them, but at least there is now room to walk without feeling like you're walking the balance beam. All the bags, boxes, and such are up off the floor. I wanted to post a picture, but because the room is only 10 x 10 it's not possible to get a picture without out the desk being in it. But take my word for it, it's so nice to have everything in order. Now if I could just get my yarns sorted by fiber, type and color I'd be one happy kniterati.

I'm off to catch up on my email . . . see ya!

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger AlisonH said...

Oh, what a cool scarf!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger ProudMarineWife said...

"Under Wraps of Love"

rikki_mom@yahoo.com

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Awww, Thanks Alison. I'm glad you like it.

Rikki, thanks for stopping by to participate in the contest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home