Monday, November 27, 2006

Yearning for Yarn satisfied, for the moment . . .

According to my hubby, the keeper of the finances, it's happened none too soon! The month of November brought bargains and gifts to be cherished several times.

First were gift certificates from ds#1 and family, for Amazon.com which purchased two books I was wishing for, Saturday Sweaters by Doreen Marquart and Fabulous Felted Bags by Nicky Epstein, and another g/c to YarnMarket.com which bought my first skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the dusk colorway.

Then purely by chance I decided to visit "The Elegant Stitch", a store in Modesto that I had heard had a small selection of yarn . It turns out that this store specializes in stitchery kits, and was closing out their yarns to concentrate on the stitchery! All yarns were 50% off! I grabbed the last two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, one in Moody Blues and one in Green Mountain Madness. This particular yarn has enough yarn on one skein for a pair of socks. Of course I couldn't stop there, I also got several skeins of Kraemer's Naturally Nazareth 100% wool. This is the wool my very first swap partner used to make a Booga Bag for me, it was my very first felted bag and I love it. I was able to get both the Winter and Spring colorways along with Tadpole, Moss (light and dark greens) and Sleigh (a blue). They also carry Bryspun needles so I was able to get a couple pair in sizes I needed. A second visit to the store I bought yarn for a swap so I won't describe it here, but let it just suffice to say that I'm tempted to keep it, but I won't 8^)
I did buy some Peer Gynt wool for myself at only $2.60 a skein in a nice red. I think this wants to be felted clogs for hubby.

To top off the month, just today I received a late birthday gift from dd#2 - an order from KnitPicks.com - two skeins each of Memories sock yarn in the Smores and Rocky Mountain Dusk colorways, 3 skeins of Wool of the Andes Bulky in Cape Cod, two pair of their Classic circular needles in the size 3/24" for sock making, and a couple of patterns. She also ordered 3 skeins of the Telemark yarn in Aubergine colorway for a bag for herself - it's not enough to make the bag she wants, but I'll make a small bag for her and she'll get another yarn for the bag pattern she really wants me to make for her.

Of course hubby would include the trip to Michael's for woolease for the yarn for hats for ds#3 and dgs#2, and I did buy some Paton's Classic wool that was on sale too, just a few skeins to see how it felts. I suppose that does count. It's easy to joke about this, but the truth is I'm very blessed and very thankful for all that I have.

No work done on the hat last night, but I did a few rows on a scarf, though not my usual amount. My hands were cold even though the heat was on. I think I'll go make up for some of what could have been done last night.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I think you will LOVE the Cherry Tree Hill yarn. I just made a pair of socks for ME out of it in the cotton and I have more in the wool to do yet. I love it.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

Lust, that is what this is all about...you have a LUST for yarn! lol The colors? Well, I bought a LOT of Cherry Tree Hill yarns. They are amid my new stash of 55 skeins of yarn that I brought home from VT...so I can't quite say just what colorways I bought right now. I did put them in a "cake" with my ball winder and stuck the yarn wrappers inside the skeins already. Now they await their time to become something other than a ball of yarn. But for now, Christmas gifts are first priority...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home