Sunday, October 14, 2007

Reader neglect, no charges filed

As usual, I've been neglectful of my blog, and owe a huge apology to my readers (if I have any left). Let's face it folks, I'm not one of those people who follow a schedule . . . I'm retired, it's no longer required. I get up when I please unless I have an appointment. And to say I'm not a morning person is a gross understatement. It's not that I don't think about my blog, I do. Actually quite often. I just have too many interests, and too little energy. Besides I'm horrible at forming habits, just ask my diabetic counselor (red face, shamefull look).



Ok, now that I've told you all of my bad habits, or a few of them anyway it's time to relate what's been going on in life. We have a beautiful healthy new Granddaughter, Brodie Skye, born October 5. She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 19 inches long. Sadly she doesn't live near us so I have to be happy with pictures for now instead of smelling that one of a kind scent that babies have. But hopefully by summer I'll get to see her.



This weekend I have the fun of having her older brother Dakota visiting. Yesterday we went shoe shopping and he chose some very cool skater shoes (isn't that what most nearly 13 year olds would pick?) and when we got home there was a package for me . . . shoes! So we both got new shoes yesterday. Of course I think mine are cooler and he thinks his are. What do you think? You can't see it in this view but there is one black sheep on the outside of each of my shoes, but his have a cool embroidered W on each one. His are "World Industries" which I hear are "cool" in the skate world. Funny thing, he's much more into football than his is skate boarding, but he likes the shoes. He's got biiiiggg feet - men's size 11! Of course mine aren't small at a women's size 10.


Knitting and reading have been getting lots of my attention. I've got a lot of unfinished knit items lately. Most of it is for Brodie, a EZ Baby Surprise Jacket which only needs ribbing to lengthen the sleeves, then closing the seams on the shoulders and also matching leggings that need one leg finished. A blanket that needs the ruffle completed and a snowsuit that I've been working on most of the time. The legs are done and I'm ready to start the main part of the body on it. Like most patterns I had to change it . . . both for necessity and because I can. The original pattern didn't have feet in it, so I looked at a pattern that just had U shaped feet and then added a short row heel to give it some shape, but I'm also doing the body in the round. Plus I couldn't find the yarn it called for so I substituted. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. Photos will come if it turns out well, and maybe even a pattern if it's really good as I've kept good notes.

Scarves From The Heart is doing well. We recently delivered 69 scarves to the St. Joseph's Regional Cancer Center (previously referred to as the Sister Mary Pia Cancer Center). Here, Jim, some of his staff and a volunteer go through the scarves. Jim was quick to gently tell them "This is for the photo op only, you don't get to keep them". Some of these scarves were to be taken to their "We Can" weekend camping trip in the Sierras. Jim promised to get some pictures as the scarves were given out so there will be pictures on the SFTH website soon.
Of course there has been much more going on, but most of it is of little consequence. However, I find it's the little things that make up life. It's also the little things that get in the way of me keeping my blog up to date.
Having said that, I hope to be back sooner than later. But for now it's time to make the hour drive to take dear grandson Dakota back home.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

Your shoes are way, way cooler! No question about it. :o)

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Karin said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! I can't believe it took me so long to go back and read your blog. (Well, I also had 147 messages waiting in my inbox, so that tells you how far behind I am...)
The shoes reminded me of my son, and how he started wearing those shoes a few years ago. he is now 17. He actually did do a little skateboarding. But I can relate to to big feet! His are a 12, and as time went on, he said that the skater shoes make his feet look less big. Right now he's into Converse, even wore them with the rented tux to the prom last schoolyear.
I LOVE your sneakers.

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home