Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finished object and a new idea

I've finally got one finished object, the reversible cabled scarf from "Cables Untangled" is done! It was kind of tedious work, but I love the finished product, and I hope one of the cancer patients will love it just as much. It's truly unisex so it is appropriate for either a man or woman.

I'm still working on the multi-directional scarf in Reynolds Fusion in blues. It's about 2/3 done and is gorgeous! Also on my needles is a drop stitch scarf, but it's a drop stitch with a twist. You'll have to wait for the pattern to find out the twist! The pattern will be here on my blog when the scarf is complete so that I can show it.

Our family is growing by one this year. My youngest son and his significant other are expecting in mid-October. They're very happy about it, and so are we.

Both daughters who live in Bakersfield will be graduating from college in June, one with her masters degree the other with her bachelors.

Youngest daughter, the one in Austin, TX is changing job fields in the near future if all goes as plans. She said "I think it's time I decided what I want to be when I grow up" - she's in her 30's so she's probably right. She is very talented and has the ability to do a lot of things, so it will be exciting to see what path she pursues.

Oldest daughter, in Plano, TX continues to battle cancer, this time in her right lung. She feels well, but the tests reveal more than her physical health.

Youngest and middle son's are doing well and living less eventful lives than the rest for the moment at least.

My sister, Pam, continues to fight cancer also. I won't go into detail, but would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for both her and my daughter.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger nancy blanchong said...

THANK YOU for the brief update on the family! I continue to keep all of you in my prayers! Your new scarf is BEAUTIFUL!!! You do such great work! Can't wait to see the logo for the scarf project!
(((HUGS)))

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I will keep you and your family in our prayers. It must be extremely difficult to have your daughter and sister both dealing with cancer. My heart goes out to you.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly, you know you have my prayers for everyone in your family. I love your cabled scarf! And the logo is fantastic - the pink scarf almost looks like long arms reaching out in a hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home