Wednesday, December 01, 2010

43 inches and still growing!

Cold weather has limited how much knitting my hands can take, but I've managed to finish the neck warmer to match the orange hat, and started a pair of fingerless mitts to match. One would think as much complaining as I've done about the Red Heart Sport yarn I'd have found another option for the mitts, but I figured I might as well use it up. I truly hope never to knit with it again.

On the softer side, the blanket for dear granddaughter is now 44 inches long, so it's officially two-thirds done. The picture was taken just before starting the last stripe I've been working on so it's grown just a few more rows.
Thanksgiving was wonderful with all the cooking done by the two daughters who were able to be here. It was the traditional meal with Turkey, dressing (with apples & cranberries in it - yum), jellied cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes & gravy, a dish with yams and apples in it. We contributed the rolls and pumpkin and banana cream pies, but not because I baked I just know where to buy good prepared foods .
Already we're thinking about the Christmas celebration. At least two of the girls will be here, and after talking to my daughter-in-law today I have high hopes that my oldest son, dil, and granddaughter will be here with us. That would be a wonderful treat! It would be nice to be able to see the light in our granddaughter's eyes when she sees her blanket. She chose the yarn so I know she'll be happy with the color, but she hasn't seen more than pictures since I was on row six or so.
That blanket isn't going to knit itself so I'm off to add a few more rows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home