Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Knitting

Summer has been sizzling here in the San Joaquin Valley, but it hasn't kept me from knitting, and frogging, and frogging and more frogging. I'm working on the Tofu Tee from SWTC yarns. I love that it's knit side to side. As seems to be my habit I decided it needed minor changes, a longer sleeve and a wider ribbing at the bottom. Doesn't seem too complicated does it? I got the sleeve knit and an inch of so of the body only to discover that I hadn't remembered to knit the first and last 8 stitches of every row. Frogging back to the end of the sleeve wasn't a big deal. I was whizzing right along, well, whizzing as fast as a slow knitter whizzes anyway, and had a good 6 inches of the body done when I realized I didn't have the same number of stitches on the front and back of it. If the back had been a bit longer I would have left it, but it was the front! Back to the frog pond for start number three, but this time I decided to go all the way back to the beginning because it seemed like the sleeve was going to be too lose for me. This time it seems as though all is going well, but I've also been careful not to work on it when I'm tired.



Healthwise there is good news! The antibiotic for the bacteria in my system did it's job, and as a bonus it also cleared the rosacea on my face. Now, folks, the really good news - my A1C test for my diabetes was 2 points better than the last time! Hooray! It's down to 6.6 which is still a bit higher than is ideal, but it's really good for me since it's gone down every test for the past 3 testings!



Also, good news from the neurologist that dear hubby sees for his Parkinson's - he seems to be responding well to the meds. They will be testing him in the near future for sleep apnea. He's not excited about the prospect of having to use a CPAP machine if he tests positive, so we're praying that he doesn not have sleep apnea.



Back to the weather, we've not had strings of hot days this year even though we've had several days of 100° or higher weather this year. I like warm weather, but not much over 90°, so it's nice to have a few cooler days between the hot ones. As long as it cools off at night I can deal with a day or two of 100° days.



The Lego room that dear hubby enjoys so much has turned out very nice. He really likes the new Lego trains, and especially likes the new controler used to run them. One of our local tv stations even came out to do a piece on his Lego collection. The reporter who did the show wanted to play - you could see it in his face! For those who aren't familiar with his hobby, he does mostly the Lego City series sets, but also builds a few scratch pieces. We just purchased the Shuttle Adventure kit, which is basically a space shuttle. I'll be building that one, and I'm really looking forward to it.



It's been a couple of months since I've been to knitting group. For whatever reason I've had a lot of shoulder pain, as well as a lot of fibromyalgia pain this summer, probably because of the changing weather, and I just haven't felt up to going.

Aside from knitting and Lego I've been reading a lot, right now I'm in the middle of the garden trilogy by Nora Roberts. I'm about half through Black Rose, then I need to find the third book, Red Lily.

No flowers are blooming, but I'm happily able to keep up with the watering of my plants this year since I gave away a bunch of them. It's a shame that more epies don't bloom off season.

Here's wishing you all a safe and happy summer season. I'm going to read a bit and then head for bed.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

YIPPEE for the health report. That's exciting.

I hear ya on the heat, hang in there.

Frogging...oh dear, once or twice to the pond usually makes me put it away for a rainy day long into the future. lol

Good Luck
Sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home