Monday, August 09, 2010

Tofu Tee Progress

Progress is happening on the Tofu Tee, and I'm loving it. I'm almost to the point where the shoulder joins after completion of the neckline. Here's the most recent picture I have of it. I'm actually well past the point you see here, just haven't taken more pictures.

The only other knitting going on is that I started a scarf out of Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn, but need to switch it to bamboo needles as my KnitPicks wood needles are too slick to use with this yarn. I'm doing a basic drop stitch pattern.

The biggest time thief in my life lately is the game Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box! I often wonder why I bought the Nintendo DSi, but I have found some benefit, and that is my mind is much sharper since I do the games on it. I only buy puzzle type games, and especially like word games and crosswords.

Dear hubby has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and will be getting a CPAP machine on the 30th. He's not looking forward to it because it requires wearing a mask while sleeping. He has agreed to at least give it a try.

Daughter Deanna has been hired at Los Angeles Valley College in Van Nuys as a humanities professor - a full time job and she is so excited about her appointment tomorrow to get her office assignment, keys, etc. Once that is done she'll be able to begin her class plans and all that goes with it. We're very proud of how hard she's worked to make it into the field of higher education. She's been teaching both in the class room and on line for a couple of years now, but she wanted and needed a full time job with benefits.

Our local yarn shop is closing permanently as of this Friday. I'm very sad to see them go, as I know many others are too. I stopped by today, and though a class was in session, there wasn't a lot of stock left, especially yarn. Makes me wish I had a bigger budget right now.

Ooops! The laundry is calling!

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous sandy said...

Sorry to about your yarn shop, that's a bummer for lots of reasons. You get comfort when it's yours, in your hood etc.

I'm amazed how many people have sleep apnea. Have several friends who use those machines. Good luck. Wonder how we all managed before they could diagnose this?

Love the colors in the sweater/t

Sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home