Thursday, April 17, 2008

Generous Donation

Wow! This wonderful batch of yarn was waiting at the post office today! Thank you Tiffani and Janet! It makes my fingers almost itch wanting to cast on something new. It doesn't help any that the current scarf on my needles has become boring . . . but I've resisted so far, and I did promise myself that I would finish the current scarf before starting another one. I didn't promise to finish the Moonlight Mohair one though, so as soon as I knit the next 80 or so feet of Teseo Di've then I will cast on another scarf.

This is the multi-directional with eyelets, and I have to say there are some things I will do differently next time, like do a set number of eyelets on each section because choosing to do them every 13 ridges means that they sometimes fall at or near the points of the section and they don't look as good there. But overall I like the look and it certainly breaks up the boredom a bit. I also like the colorway, even though I'm not a big fan of the color green. It's also a bit wider at one end but I've decided it's not bad enough to warrant frogging it.
That yarn that was donated is sitting in a basket just four or so feet away and I've never heard such screaming for attention! It truly needs to be used! Someone rescue me, I need help knitting and crocheting all this yarn. Seriously, if you'd like to make scarves for Scarves From The Heart and can't afford the yarn
email me! I have yarn to spare and storage is quickly becoming an issue.

3 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

I love your multi-directional scarf! The eyelets are a cool idea, and I love the colorway. Good for you on sticking with it; having to go back to it later would, I think, be much more painful, LOL.

Have fun with the new yarn!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Becky G said...

Heh, if you need help knitting up some of that beautiful new yarn, my needles are always ready!

Love your multi-directional scarf.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hi, Just returning the blog visit! Thanks for stopping by. Nice blog, I like it. Keep up your good giving ways! Maybe we can meet up sometime at Knit-Witz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home