Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Another FO for Granddaughter

Finishing a project gives me such a wonderful feeling I have no idea why I put things off so long. This is my first EZ Baby Surprise Jacket. I added ribbing onto the sleeves and then crocheted loops as button holes. The leggings are from the Tiny Bird pattern. The yarn is Sirdar Snuggly double knit in color #0329.

In this second photo you can see the buttons a bit better, they have a white background with the same color dots as the yarn has. You can also see the crocheted loops, the yarn isn't cut after each loop, it's just crocheted flat against the edge between them.

Next up, a hat that needs to be finished that I'd totally forgotten I'd started, and a pair of mitts to keep her little fingers warm!
Oh, and the last dreadful rows of the ruffle on the blanket. I may never be brave enough (or is that crazy enough) to knit another ruffle . . . surely not on a blanket!

5 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Yvette said...

what a beautiful little set ! I love the BSJ and have made literally hundreds of them. I do three versions now, the original, the shorter one (without the extended lower part) and a little teeny tiny one I sort of un-vented! But with a set of leggings as you have here - it becomes a wonderful outfit!

I am about to embark on the stocking stitch version soon!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Shelly, this turned out to be just adorable! I'm always impressed by your creativity!

Jeanne

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly:

I've been eyeing the BSJ for a while. Seeing this darling version... I'm going to have to order this soon! Can I count on you for help if I have any questions???

Karen in AZ (TetaKnits)

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Karin said...

Love that outfit. I hope to see a picture with her in it soon!
And god bless you for making that snowsuit!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable outfit, Shelly!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home