Monday, December 10, 2007

Sad times

On Sunday, December 9th my dear father in law, Eino, succumbed to his failing body at the age of 87. The loss of this wonderful man is hitting especially hard, coming at this time of year when there is usually so much joy. The whole family is mourning the loss of the man who was the head and the heart of our family, and it has wiped out any holiday joy we might have had. I had thought that I could be the strong one for my husband who loved his father dearly and enjoyed a wonderful relationship with him. However, it's turning out that he is having to be the strong one for me. In the 25 years I've been part of this family, Eino has been much more of a father to me than my biological father ever knew how to be, and already I miss him desperately. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to tell him how much he meant to me. I've never met another human being with the capability for unconditional love that this man had for his family and friends. I've never met anyone who had a bad thing to say about him. He was just truly a wonderful, caring man who was absolutely one in a million. He will be missed by all who knew and loved him, but especially by his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home