Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Flexiblity is good . . .

As days go, it's nice that retirement allows for flexibility. Tuesdays are my day to go to Auxiliary to do crafts, knit, crochet and whatever. But today was the only day I could get in to see the acupuncturist so that took priority. When I arrived home from the appt. hubby needed to go get wood to finish the last of the bridges on the model railroad. That meant he'd be going near the book store, the perfect excuse for me to tag along. Before we could leave I needed to order the last of the rail clamps he said he'd need. Luckily, our friends who make the railclamps were coming into town and could deliver them after 3:00 which meant we had time to run our errands and I could still make the evening knitting meeting. So off to OSH the only place he could get the wood screws and then to Lowe's for the wood he needed and to Border's where I picked up Maggie Sefton's new book "A Deadly Yarn". Our friends were dealing with issues with their new car and didn't arrive until late. By time they left it was 7:45 so I didn't make it to the knitting meeting after all. It wasn't the day I had planned at all, but it was a good one just the same. Good friends, good books, and a happy hubby, what more can a gal ask for (dinner out? - no, hot dogs - a real tough menu)?

This is a picture of the first three scarves ready for the Pink Scarf Challenge. Yesterday I found out that there may be as many as 8 to 10 men at the cancer retreat so I need volunteers to knit some scarves in colors and designs more appropriate for men (I did talk my youngest daughter into making one as she's the only one of the kids who knits or crochets). If you've been reading about the challenge, and thinking about volunteering, now is the time . . . we can really use your help! I'm hoping this may becomes an ongoing project, but it isn't yet definite.

I have one other pink scarf and a cream/tan/black striped one on the needles, but with so many interuptions I haven't been working very fast. Even at the acupuncturist appointment today I didn't have to wait.

The Queen of the Night buds are coming along nicely, one bud has dropped off but the rest are growing at an amazing rate. This plant is very sensitive to changes of any kind so I wasn't too surprised. It also lost a bud last year.

Today I promised I would complete the One Skein August gift, but again time slipped away and it isn't done. But there's always tomorrow! So I'm off to knit . . . no frog ponds in my life tonight!

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

Now that your package is on the way to you I am NERVOUS about what I have knitted for you! Well, it is on the way, so I just hope you are pleasantly surprised when you open it.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Nora said...

Shelly, I've started my cancer scarf and even talked our cleaning lady into making one! You'll have both by the due date as promised. (see blog for details)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home