Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sad news silent needles

Sadly, tonight I begin by offering my condolences to my good friend Nancy B. and her family. Nancy's father passed away on Saturday morning. Nancy, you and your family will all be in my prayers as you go through the difficult process of adjusting to life without your dear loved one. It is a blessing to know he is with the Lord, but the walk without him will often seem to have an empty place. Your faith is strong and will carry you through.

Among the f/o's is a dish/washcloth I've been fiddling with for a couple weeks or more, trying to get the pattern just perfect. Now that it's done I'm wondering why my brain had such a difficult time trying to figure it out. I call it the Berry Basket cloth because it reminds me of the wooden berrry baskets we used as kids which had fairly good sized holes between the slats of wood. The pattern was inspired by a sweater pattern called Basket Weave in the book "Nursery Knits" by Tessa Watts-Russell. I like the stitch pattern so well I may do some other things in the same stitch pattern.

The next f/0's are these hats which will be donated to "Save the Children" when I get a few more done. The flower is from Nicky Epstein's "Knitting on the Edge" and I think it was called the spikey flower, but it looked too large so I curled each spike and stitched it to the adjacent petal.

Today I haven't picked up my needles at all. I've just felt kind of funky and out of sorts. But I'll be back at it soon.

Until then . . . keep those needles clicking.

3 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I am keeping them clicking. I started a baby blanket last week, and the baby has arrived. Now, I really gotta hustle on it.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger bevq said...

I love your tiny hats - especially the one with the little flower! That' a good cause too. =)

Bev Q

http://bevq.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger bevq said...

I love your tiny hats - especially the one with the little flower! That' a good cause too. =)

Bev Q

http://bevq.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home