Thursday, August 17, 2006

Berry Basket Dishcloth From Deb in Little Rock

The Berry Basket Dishcloth seems to be getting lots of attention, if not feedback. Here is the first picture sent to me by Deb in Little Rock of her version in a variegated yarn. Deb, you did a great job, I appreciate you sharing with us. With over 2,000 hits since I posted the pattern I'm hoping to have pictures from others to post in the next few days.

In other news, my Queen of the Night plant that produced this single 10" flower last year has six buds on it this year. I feel like a mother hen sitting on the nest just waiting for the eggs to hatch. Last year the bud was discovered on 9/2 and it bloomed on 9/19 so it seems that from bud to flower takes a little over 2 and a half weeks. If that holds true this year I can expect the blooms about the second week of September. This may not seem like a big deal to those who've never seen or smelled the scent of this flower, but it blooms at night, for one night only, and it blooms only once a year. Fortunately I'm a night owl! I can't begin to describe the scent of it, except to say it is the most delicately sweet scented flower I've ever smelled. If I could bottle it I'd be wealthy no doubt! Shortly after sunrise on the morning after it becomes a bedraggled mess that somewhat resembles wet tissue paper. I'll definitely share pics when it does bloom.

In knitting news, I have two scarves done for the Pink Scarves for Breast Cancer Challenge, and two more in progress. I've also picked up yarn from the cancer center to start knitting blankets for them. Nothing on the needles for personal knitting at this point except the usual UFO's.

Coming up soon will be a purse for my sister in law and a blanket or something else adorable for the best friend of my youngest daughter who is expecting her first baby which will be a boy, due close to Christmas. Also in the planning stages is a shrug or shawl of some sort for my mother in law who is confined to a wheel chair. I've received lots of suggestions, now I just have to choose between them and when the Challenge is done I can start knitting some of these planned projects.

But for now, I'm off to bed, it's almost 2:00am (which proves that I'm no Cinderella!

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

How did you put a counter on your blog. That is very cool. Can't wait to see your queen of the nights in full bloom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home