Sunday, October 08, 2006

Appreciation and Thank Yous

On Friday I received a very nice note of thanks via e-mail from Jim Linderman and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Jim wrote;
nice article .. get any calls? we could use scarves!!!

Shelly - Friday AM ... I brought one of the boxes of scarves to the front desk of the cancer center .. our IV Therapy nurse has breast cancer; our chief radiation technologist has breast cancer; one of our Radiation Oncologists has breast cancer ... the ladies (front office etc) are going NUTS!!!!!! ((I'm a guy .. I see some scarves ...) .. they see "work; textures; love" .... the "non-cancer survivor staff" are bummed they don't get one! (I told them to start smoking 3 packs a day and they may soon qualify)...

also
the "tags" mean sooo much to the ladies .. whether "washing instructions" or "made by Amy in Israel" ... the "oohs and aaahs" are reverberating throughout the department
AND
Sandy (60 y/o stage 3 lung cancer) was just here for treatment .. she was planning on going on the "We Can" Retreat .. so she received a scarf also .. good stuff...

the 49 are going to fly out of here with the amount of breast cancer etc we see daily

thanks again
jim
Jim Linderman, Coordinator Support and Education St. Joseph's Regional Cancer Center (209) 461-5069


I got a warm "rush" when I read that! It's so good to know that others are going to feel the love that we put into each stitch as we knitted and crocheted those scarves, and that they will know we are here to support them in some small way.

I believe Jim is right, they are going to run out of scarves quickly so I welcome anyone who reads this to join in the scarf project.

It also came to my attention today that in posting the list of locations the scarves came from I neglected to list Manchester, PA - my friend there donated 3 scarves which were much appreciated, and I need to aplogize for neglecting to include her location (:o( blushing with embarrasment). I believe I may have missed at least one or two other locations.

I have misplaced a couple of addresses of donors, (or failed to keep them from the mailing materials) so I've emailed all to ask for addresses so I can send thank you notes. You all may not feel they are necessary, but I feel so thankful for all the scarves donated - after all I couldn't have done this without your help!

Let's continue to "Wrap 'em in Love!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post with tears in my eyes. Thanks for the opportunity to participate. I'll CO for another scarf tonight. I'll also link to you from my blog. Good on you Shelly, there should be more like you! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home