Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Short Rows Bag drowns in hot water . . .


Here it is . . . The short rows bag ready for felting!
It's about 13 inches across where the strap joins the body and only 8 inches deep at the low center point. It may end up too small, but only the felting process will tell. The strap is 43" long and 1-1/2 inches around. It is currently in the washer drowning. I've a front loader so I added a very large towel and a half dozen tennis balls to aid in the agitation. Our water gets pretty hot so I'm hoping for a quick felting process, but I've never felted with 127 Print by Filatura Di Crossa.

Here is a close up of the detail of the yarn and stitch pattern. I plan to use a magnetic clasp if I can get it through the felted material. I expect I'll have to use something really sharp to cut it to get those little clips through. I was running out of yarn so I just sewed the bottom to the sides with an overcast stitch. Do you think it will hold?

I'm off to keep an eye on the washer. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home