Saturday, May 20, 2006

Favorite Photos

A friend shared some photos with me recently and it reminded me of my favorite photo, so I thought I would share it with all of you.

This was taken with my first digital camera, a Sony 2.3 megapixel, in November 2000. The location is the base of the castle in Disneyland. If you look at the reflection the swans heads are in that classic heart shape, though not quite touching. Also, if you look at the turtles reflection you can see their heads quite clearly. That spit of land has since been removed and the swans are seen much less often these days.

Other photos taken on that same trip were equally stunning considering my amateur status as a photographer. This one of the Mark Twain is also one of my favorites.

I now have a 5.1 mega pixel Sony. Both my digitals have had the Carl Zeiss lens and I think it's one of the best lenses available on a digital.

There are such high mega pixel cameras available today that I'd love to upgrade to one that takes better close ups. Of course if I keep dropping mine as I did on a recent trip I may have to upgrade before I'm really ready.
We have several accomplished photographers in our family. Some by natural talent, and some who've taken courses in photograpy.

For you knitters who keep up with my blog, otn: a ribbon scarf that was started back in February for dgd #1 has been frogged and tomorrow will be started once again, this time on wooden needles. It will be a drop stitch scarf in Plymouth yarn's Jungle in colorway #116, it goes from blues to cream to chocolate and some gorgeous shades in between. It's beautiful, but not the easiest to work with . . . but I will persist, and it will become a lovely scarf for a lovely granddaughter.

Knit in peace . . . 'til next time . . .

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love Disneyland. We've been there many times as a family (my parents took us only once when we were kids, even though we lived not far away in the Bay Area and visited relatives in L.A. many times). Enjoy your new camera! And thanks for making it possible for us non-Blogger types to leave a comment. :)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Britt said...

gorgeous work! I miss disneyland, I want to go back soon.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Thanks for the kudos. We don't go as often as we used to but still love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home