Saturday, February 20, 2010

New project for Scarves From The Heart

We're going to do a new event with St. Joseph's Regional Cancer Center - it's Spa Day! By April 20th we need 75 lace scarves. Wait, wait, don't panic, they don't have to be fancy stitches (though fancy is fine too)! Here's a picture of my first lace scarf. And as you can see it's not fancy, I used Karabella Lace Mohair, an ultra lace weight yarn and I simply used very large (size 13 or 15 needles) and knit every stitch. The best part was that I got three scarves out of one skein of yarn!

Please join us in this project and let's make sure each lady participating will receive a lace scarf.

You've all been terrific support in the past and I'm sure we'll reach this goal!



9 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!

Toni

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Beautiful scarf. Could you elaborate a bit. I'm not understanding what you're doing. You need 75 scarves, you're having a spa day; but how does this benefit the hospital? Or are those going to the spa patients? I'm not follow.

Sandy
inviting all my friends from Sandy's Space to come visiting me on Traveling Suitcase, help me celebrate and enter the contest.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

All of the participants are cancer patients, and each will be given a gift bag, and each gift bag will include one of our scarves along with other things. So the scarves are just something to reassure these ladies of their femininity, and let them know others care about them.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do we participate? Where would I send a scarf?

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Scarves can be sent to;

Scarves From The Heart
P.O. Box 78104
Stockton, CA 95267-1404

Thank you for asking. You can also see our website at;

http://www.scarvesfromtheheart.com

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Checking back, will try to get something made; sadly my list is always too long. lol

Will make note of the address though and see what I can do, there's still time. Nice project by the way. How are you coming on your goal?

Sandy

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Sandy asked about our goal, we've not actually received any of the lace scarves yet, but lots of folks have said they're working on them and will get them to us as quick as they can get them done.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Martha said...

Are you still accepting scarves for patients/survivors? I lost my mom in Sept. due to Leukemia complications - she lost her battle but WAS a survivor in many ways.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Martha, I'm so very sorry to learn of your loss, my heart goes out to you. Yes, we are still accepting scarves. For guidelines see our website at www.scarvesfromtheheart.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home