Thursday, July 28, 2005

Spiral Scarf

The spiral scarf is completed. A bit of advise here, the pattern I used called for 90 stitches cast on, but because the daughter I made it for likes scarves long I cast on 109 - it's a bit overkill. Unless the person wearing it is very tall I would stick to the 90 stitches called for.

Here to model it for you is our great-neice Kaylee who proudly announced today that she has a birthday soon and she will be four.

Two other scarves are now on the needles, and the wool bag has been frogged past the design I'm struggling with. I've enlisted the advise of a couple of people who have much more experience knitting than I do so I'm hoping to be back to the bag soon.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Shelly, Where did you find the pattern for that scarf? I bet it could be used with any yarn and would work well combining yarns too. I like the model too! She is gonna be a knockout!
Stacy

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... thanks for the comment on my blog... I grew up in Westminster, Massachusetts, which also has a pretty high concentration of Finns.
I like the scarf... I've been wanting to try something similar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home