Saturday, July 23, 2005

Other CO's

I began knitting on March 1 of 2005, thanks to the able instructions of my friend Laurie. I've made several scarves, a pair of socks (though they're more like slippers), a shawl, and a felted purse so far. This multi-color scarf is my very first project. The colors in this photo aren't accurate, it's much more muted when you see the real thing.

I'll share a few pictures with you here. For more you can see them in my Yahoo album at this link. http://babyurl.com/s66ISU

This one is made with Crystal Palace Waikiki Painted Iris. I love this yarn and have made other scarves with the same yarn in different colors.


The scarf above is a ribbon yarn called Aquarius. The one on the right, shown in progress, is made of black acrylic and fancy fur held together throughout.

This purse is a felted one made from Cascade 220.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Congrats on getting your blog setup!! It's looking great so far!

Your knitted items look wonderful, i love your cell-phone cozy...very cute!!

~Suz~
I wandered over from the FirstTimeSock Knitters group! ;)

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Your blog looks great!

I love the felted bag...

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Deb, the purse you asked about is not white, it's a cream and tan Cascade 220 yarn. It's my first felting project and I was quite happy with it.

Though I've heard others in the Bag-a-holics group say they've had success with felting white yarn. Check it out in the yahoo groups.
Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home