Thursday, May 21, 2009

More blooms

This is by far the largest bloom yet on my epies. It's Sonoma Sunshine and it's between 12 and 13 inches across. I've been told it has a lovely scent also, but with the sinus issues I've been dealing with I couldn't smell it. This was the only bud on it but I'm hoping next year to have multiple blooms.

Sadly, I've passed on this sinus, bronchial stuff to my dear hubby. He gets over things quickly as a general rule so I hope he follows the rule this time. The same doesn't hold true for me as I often take 4 to 6 weeks to work through something like this. Right now we're both snuffling, coughing and miserable.

This is another bloom from yesterday. It is Orient Express and is the first of four buds to bloom. It is a nearly 10 inch bloom. Both blooms are still open and sure brighten a persons day.
As for knitting there has still been no knitting happening here. I have been fondling yarn as I've been trying to decide which sock yarns to use for an upcoming knit-a-long. We'll be making a toddler sock, which I hope will be the first of a pair for my 19 mo. old granddaughter, Brodie.
I'm hoping to be able to maintain enough concentration tomorrow to do some knitting. I've got plenty of works in progress that I could be working on. Socks would be the first thing I'd work on, but there's also a scarf I enjoy working on too. Here's to knitting tomorrow . . .

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Becky G said...

Shelly, just to let you know, I mailed a big box of scarves yesterday. I've been kind of out of the loop since I am no longer allowed on Ravelry, so I hope these will meet with your needs.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Hope you both feel better SOON! LOVE that yellow one and would love to see something like that in real life. Not a flower I'm familiar with, need to look it up and see if it will grow in my part of the world.

TGIF
Sandy
swing by for a visit,

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Wow, the flowers on your plants are amazing. Are they related to Night blooming Sirius? I once had a white one that had huge blooms that would perfume a room. I see you live in CA. Wonder if I can get a few of these here in Pennsylvania? Got here from your post on KnitTalk~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home