Monday, May 18, 2009

More blooms

Last week brought two more blooms on my epies. Amber Queen opened on the 12th with a small 4 inch bell shaped bloom that can best be described as a coral/rose color.


On Thursday I awoke with severe nasal and head congestion. It was a day that took all the energy my body could muster just to get out of bed and make it to the living room.


On Friday I awoke to a gorgeous 6 inch pale pink bloom on Elise. The congestion was bad enough that I couldn't even guess if it has a scent.
On Saturday I ended up at the clinic at Kaiser because the congestion was moving to my chest. One antibiotic prescription later I'm still fighting the congestion (bacterial bronchial and sinus infection) as well as the side effects of the antibiotic. Nothing tastes good, and I just want to lay around and do nothing.
A coughing fit took care of breakfast, and then taking pills on an empty stomach really did me in later. I managed to eat a baked potato and a small piece of meatloaf for dinner but the side effects of the antibiotic took care of that.
Knitting . . . nope, I'm not, I simply can't concentrate enough to do it. If perseverance were a priority I could probably manage something simple but I simply don't feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home