Friday, December 05, 2008

Mid-Holiday Blessings

Thanksgiving came and went, we dined with the Andersons - Stuart Anderson's Black Angus Restaurant that is! Hubby isn't a fan of turkey so eating out meant that I could have turkey if I chose and he could find other options. As it turns out, we both ended up ordering steak, and it was very tender and tasty, as were the accompanying side dishes. We shared our meal (not literally) with hubby's sister and her dh. We get along well and enjoyed the meal then went our separate ways, us home to sit and watch the 'tube' with our cats, and they home to their two dogs. On Friday, our two daughters who live in California arrived loaded with left overs from their feast. One is vegan and so we got to experience some new recipies, my favorite being a dressing with cranberries and pecans in it. We dined on yummy left overs all weekend long, and that's quite a compliment as I will seldom eat left overs.


Some really good news to report - my daughter Kathryn is still fighting cancer, which is now in both lungs, but her current treatment has eradicated a tumor that was in the area of her esophagus, and reduced the size of a tumor in the mid-lung area from softball size to baseball size. Praise God!


I'm really excited about having won two balls of Mini Mochi yarn from the socks and more blog. I love all the colors, so I'm not choosy about which color they send, but I'm especially fond of the one in blues. I was truly surprised when I received the email telling me I was one of the winners. Check out her blog as she has had contests before, and may have more. I'm planning to make a scarf from it, then donating the scarf to Scarves From The Heart.
Speaking of SFTH, we continue to receive scarves, so please keep them coming. We will be taking a box of scarves to one of the local homeless shelters early next week, as well as replenishing the stock for at least two of the cancer centers.
On my knitting needles, as always, more projects than makes good sense. Currently I'm working on two scarves, and two pair of fingerless gloves. One set of the fingerless gloves is to the increase for the thumb, the other just one glove started and a few rows complete. One scarf nearly complete and the other is in time out while my brain generates a pattern for the next square.
Christmas shopping is done, except for two gift certificates which will be done on line, and I'll wait until closer to the holiday to do those. Shopping is pretty easy for us, as we send most of the kids money. We'll be in Disneyland this year with two of our daughters so we've shopped for them, now I have to wrap them.
It's time I accomplished something today as most of my day has left an imprint in this chair!
Happy Knitting and Happy Giving!

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger adrienne said...

hi shelly!

congrats on winning the mini mochi.
you are going to love it! my jasmine wrister pattern will be available around the time that the mini-mochi arrives for general consumption...february? maybe sooner if cpy gets it sooner.

thank you for your interest.

i will keep good thoughts for your daughter. take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home