Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Winds are blowing, the needles are clicking

It's done! Yay! I was concerned if I could finish the baby sweater before this Saturday's baby shower, but it's done and kinda cute if I do say so myself!

Now, onto more scarves. I'm hoping to donate another 25 scarves to the Sister Mary Pia Cancer Center in mid-December. I know that many of you are busy with Christmas knitting, but perhaps you will find time to make at least a scarf or two.

Today we were out raking leaves, but the wind was blowing them off the trees nearly as fast as we could rake, and keeping them in a pile was just as futile. It made me think of a cartoon that should be captioned "definition of the word futility"! I finally looked at my hubby and asked "why are we doing this?". Guess what - he didn't have a good answer! So we both quit. Ironically, raking leaves is one of the few outdoor chores I enjoy . . . it brings back memories of playing in the leaves at my grandmother's home back in Williamston, MI. She lived on a street that was lined with large trees, as did her neighbor behind her and we always played in the piles of leaves in the fall. It was one of the few times there were no recriminations for coming in dirty - it was expected.

It's time to think about what's for dinner, then one last chore for the day, cleaning the kitchen and I can spend the evening knitting scarves!

BTW, if you have Beverly's Crafts near you all their Sullivan's yarns are on sale for $1.97 per ball. They're the small balls of novelty yarn, but it's a good price. Our Big Lots stores still have some novelty yarns for $1 - $2 per ball too.


1 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home