Thursday, July 13, 2006

Finished Objects

I've been knitting spiral scarves, two down, one still on the needles. The one currently on the needles is done in pink/purple/rose/ and I have no idea what I will do with it. These two were gifted to my great nieces. Of course there was a disagreement as to who should have the pink one, but it was easily settled because the pink one was promised before it was made. The younger one will receive a pink scarf the next time as she told me "But I like pink best". I made a marble bag from some 127 Print Filatura Di Crossa for my great nephew, but it was nothing more than the top of a sock type thing so I didn't bother with pictures.

I've also made two of these red eyelash scarves just to keep my hands busy. The first one of these was a bit wider and it took just about three hours to complete while waiting in the airport a few weeks back. They have both been gifted.

The short rows purse has been re-blocked and came out nicely. I've got to find another button for it as the handmade one I'd planned to use has a chip off the side of it that makes it unuseable.

I'm in the planning stages of another purse to be made with Bryspun Kid-n-ewe, but I don't have enough of it to make the purse I wanted to so now to find an alternate idea that the recipient will like. If I could felt their white yarn I'd have enough, but all that I've heard about felting white yarns leads me to believe that I shouldn't try it.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the spiral scarf the same as the ruffled scarf pattern? I have the pattern book of scarves and wraps -- started the ruffled scarf -- but took sooooo long...still in progress. Love the pink one too!!!! Where did you find the pattern for your spiral? Have to have one!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

I got the pattern off the internet here; http://www.knitpicks.com/projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50355220

I cast on less stitches for the kids version, I think only about 75 stitches to start with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home